Archive for the ‘Vancouver Canucks’ Category
I took these two pictures a few minutes ago from the kitchen of my rural Canadian chateau. By South-Central Ontario standards we have had a lot of snow this year – more snow this winter than all of last winter – and we still have two months to go. I get the feeling that Algore has been lying to me about this whole global warming thing.
Here are my prediction for 2008:
- this time a year from now the pop-culture fad of the global warming crisis will have passed us by and been replaced by something to do with avian flu carrying monkeys or some other feigned global crisis.
- Fenris will find true love and begin his new life in California as the sire to a yet-to-be-discovered pantiless Hollywood starlet (I could be wrong, predictions are more of a Sargon thing and the morning after headache I have clouds my sight).
- Enig-Mac will post three times in the same month, possibly March.
- Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will be lead an armed assault on The White House after GWB declares martial law and names his brother Jeb ‘Successor and Rightful Heir To The Throne of Americaland’. The assault fails.
- In a bold play for more web traffic The London Fog will rebrand itself as the The London Smog.
- Fred Thompson dies while shagging his teenage wife.
- The Vancouver Canucks will win Lord Stanley’s Cup, The Miami Dolphins will go 16-0, and The Toronto Maple Laffs will increase tickets prices after a sub .500 season.
Now then, where is my Ginsu knife at?
The NHL hockey season begins tonight with The Toronto Maple Leafs losing to The Ottawa Senators in Kanata. I can hardly wait for that day sometime next summer when The Vancouver Canucks win the Stanley Cup Championship. At roughly the same time the Maple Leafs will announce to it’s fans that they are “rebuilding” and then immediately not sign any half-decent players in the off season.
By request of His Worship Mayor Mitch, we have “The Hockey Song” by Canada’s singing troubadour, Tom ‘The Stompin’ Tom Phenomenon’ Connors.
Don’t forget to vote Mitch for Mayor on October 10!
I love the new Vancouver Canucks team sweaters! Check it out:
I like how they have combined the old colours and the Hockey Stick logo with the modern Orca Whale crest. This is the first ever Canucks jersey to have Vancouver written on them as well and I have to say I like the retro font they have used for that.
Click here for pretty slide show featuring the “New Sweater Release” yesterday at GM Place in Vancouver. I think I speak for all Canucks fans when I say that come June 2008 it would be nice if we finally got a “Stanley Cup Champions” parade to go along with the new team sweaters.